- This event has passed.
South East Fall Conservation Gathering
October 25, 2022 @ 12:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Time & Location
Oct 25, 12:00 PM – 3:00 PM CDT
River Bend Nature Center, 3600 N Green Bay Rd, Racine, WI 53404
About the Event
Come celebrate fall and harvest season with other women who share your commitment to land conservation! Gather ideas and information for establishing your land conservation plan and how to use the upcoming winter months for planning, research and connections with NRCS.
All women farmers, landowners and conservationists from Racine, Walworth, Milwaukee and surrounding counties are welcome to attend– whatever your background, from beginners to experts!
Resource Experts Attending: Rhiannon Holden – NRCS, Union Grove, WI
Wisconsin Women in Conservation Host: Noemy Serrano, Michael Fields Agricultural Institute
Our fall conservation gathering will take place inside of River Bend Nature Center’s “Em’s Cabin,” in Racine, Wisconsin. The River Bend Nature Center’s 78 acres and two activity buildings provide a very accessible and comfortable setting for novices or experienced outdoors people. The center is comprised of almost 4,000 feet of Root River frontage, river-bottom land, ponds and uplands hardwoods. Miles of hiking trails thread through the varied terrain and most species of birds and animals native to southeast Wisconsin can be found on the property!
- Event is free to attend but registration is required and space is limited.
- All women, or anyone who identifies as such in a significant way, are welcome to attend – from landowners to farmers to conservationist enthusiasts – whatever your background, from beginners to experts!
- Our WiWiC events follow a Learning Circle model, with ample time and a safe space for story sharing, networking and collaborative learning. We all have something to both share and learn together.
- Masks will be required if the county in which the event is located is identified as red/high based on CDC data two weeks prior to the event. Attendees will be notified.
- Photos will be taken at this event and used for educational purposes only by WiWiC and the partner groups. If you do not wish to have your picture taken, let the on-site WiWiC host know.
- WiWiC is a family-friendly space and you are welcome to bring your children. We will have some independent kids activities available.
About Wisconsin Women in Conservation
WiWiC is a state-wide collaborative effort led by the Michael Fields Agricultural Institute in partnership with Wisconsin Farmers Union, Renewing the Countryside and Marbleseed (formerly MOSES). A three-year multi-faceted project funded by the USDA’s Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS), WiWiC brings together Wisconsin women landowners to connect and learn about conservation practices, resources, and funding opportunities.