- This event has passed.
The Women Woodland Owner Webinar Series: Tree Identification
February 23, 2021 @ 6:00 pm - 7:00 pm$15
UW-Madison Extension Forestry is kicking off 2021 with a webinar series geared towards Wisconsin women woodland owners. The informal classroom will provide participants the opportunity to learn how to:
- navigate and organize important online resources
- identify native trees and invasive plants
- control invasive plants
Enjoy a short presentation, Q&A session, and the opportunity to network with fellow ladies of the land!
FULL WEBINAR SCHEDULE
1/26/21 – 6pm to 7pm – Organizing & Accessing Resources
There is valuable information on the internet but it can be difficult to find exactly what you need. This session will walk you through important online resources, introduce you to key agencies that work with landowners, and provide you with tools to organize information you find.
2/23/21 – 6pm to 7pm – Tree Identification
This session will help you build confidence in identifying common trees that you find on your own property. They will teach you how to use a tree key, review some of the common trees in Wisconsin, and talk about the relationship between native trees and invasive plants.
3/23/21 – 6pm to 7pm – Invasive Plant Identification and Control
Do you know what invasive plants look like? Do you have invasive plants on your property that you would like to learn how to control? In this session, local expert Chris Gaetzke of the Lower Chippewa Invasives Partnership, will identify the most problematic invasive plants for Wisconsin woodlands and recommend ways to control them. Join them to learn about options to work with your neighbors and community to slow the spread of invasive plants that negatively impact everyone.
They will host an optional technical check prior to the first meeting to let everyone get comfortable in the meeting space.
STEPS FOR REGISTRATION
1. Register with Zoom – REGISTER HERE
2. Pay $15 for registration via Cashnet OR mail in check by 1/25/21* *They are updating their online payment system. Please register through the link above and they will email you with instructions on how to pay for the registration before the first class.
3. After you register and pay for the class, you will receive an email with information on accessing the webinars via Zoom.