The mighty oak is a treasured part of our Wisconsin landscape, especially in the southwestern part of the state.
Oak trees also provide vital nest sites and shelter for birds like the rare red-headed woodpecker.
Below are links to information to help you get started. You may also want to sign up for our e-newsletter to get the latest news on oak management and oak-related events, including upcoming oak management workshops.
How do I manage for oak?
- Why manage for oak?
- What sites are best for oak?
- Which harvest methods benefit oak?
- How can I best promote oak regeneration?
- How do I create an oak opening?
- Which oak re-sprout is best?
What is oak wilt?
What programs and grants exist to help me protect oak?
- Are grants available for conservation practices?
- What assistance is available for improving wildlife habitat?
- Do I need a forest plan?